Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January Birchbox



Today I received my January Birchbox . This is another beauty product monthly subscription that I have signed up for.  It costs $10 a month and that includes shipping.  It comes in a little brown box. The contents were...


1. My Prime Multi -Purpose Mattifying Moisturizer (retail price $68)
I was skeptical of this primer actually of all primers in general. I just don't think there is anything that great about them and they generally clog my pores. I only put it on half of my face so that I could see the difference. I actually did see a difference, my skin was tighter and cleaner looking. Its $68 for 2 oz. of product. It's very expensive, but it does work!


Without                        With

2.Amike Color PHerfection Shampoo (retail price $22)
This shampoo smelled amazing. If I could bottle that shampoo as a perfume. It'd be mine! But the shampoo itself wasn't that impressive. It didn't lather at all. I felt like a just wiped a glob of "Something About Mary" in my hair. And for 22 bucks, NO WAY!

3. the Balm Cosmetics Blush in Hot Mama (retail price $20)
I have gotten this brand a lot in all of my beauty subscriptions. But, that's a good thing because I've been impressed with ever single product I've gotten. This blush was a golden pink coral color, that I would never have picked out for myself but it is a gorgeous color. I love it!




4. Harry Prince Perfume scent Skinny Chick  (retail price $21-55)
This perfume smells so good. It has a very familiar smell that I can't put my finger on. The package says it has a crisp green apple, sweet min, and warm amber aroma. It also say a spritz a day keeps you feeling young, slim and beautiful. Wow! All of that in a perfume..hmmm. All joking aside, I seriously may go buy this perfume because it really is one of my new favorites!


5. Deborah Lippmann The Stripper To Go (retail price $12 set of 6)
This is a little nail polish remover  finger mitt. It worked great. I even had glitter nail polish and it removed it really well. These would be very handy for traveling. You wouldn't have to worry about having ugly chipped nail polish or having a bottle of remover spill all over your suitcase. They'd be great for your purse too!



My overall opinion this month is pleased. This is the 3rd month that I have been receiving this subscription and I will continue to receive it. It has higher end  products that are a sample size. I think it's a good way to see which expensive products are worthwhile.

http://www.birchbox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment