Friday, January 18, 2013

January Beauty Box Five



Today, I received my November Beauty Box Five.  This is a beauty product monthly subscription that I have signed up for.  It costs $12 a month and that includes shipping. Each month I receive a little Tiffany blue colored box filled with surprises.  Are you ready to find out what was in it?

1. Perfumies Solid Perfume Stick scent text me (retail price $7.00)
This perfume stick smelled similar to those lemon hand wipes you get at fast food restaurants. Don't get me wrong it had a baby powder perfume scent to it, but a lemony one. Also, every time I put the lid back on it would scrape off the side of the perfume. Just like chap stick does. I see the convenience in having a non liquid perfume in your purse. I just wouldn't spend $7.00 on this product.



2.Ferro Cosmetics Blush in Desert Rose (retail price $17)
This blush 100% vegan and a pure mineral, which I like. It came in a loose powder pot without any type of guard. Which means unless you go slow and are careful you will spill it everywhere. Most of us put our makeup on in a hurry and don't have time to be careful. The color is very pigmented and went on easily. The color is pretty but after I applied it, I felt a little like I went back in time to perform in my childhood dance recital. It was that kind of color. They have tons of other colors to choose from on their website, and the full size product is 4 grams, which is actually a lot of product. But,  I will probably never go buy it.. www.ferrocosmetics.com



3. Global Goddess Coconut Hair Treatment (retail price $20.99)
In the November BB5 I got these same samples. The card that was included said that these samples were back by popular demand. But  I think the marketing department is just trying to be creative with the leftovers. Here's the same review I gave it in November. They sent 2 samples of this hair treatment. This product can be used many different ways. It can be used as a body oil, overnight hair treatment, or a 30 minute hair mask; which is the way I used it. After its sits for 30 minutes you shampoo and condition as normal. Because I take my baths at night I let my hair air dry. I didn't use any other products on my hair like I normally do. When I woke up my hair was very soft and shiny.

4. Pencil Me In Eye Pencil in Pink Lady (retail price $6.99)
Pink eyeliner? I was so surprised how much I liked this eyeliner pencil. The color went on really well and it was soft and creamy. I didn't feel like I was scratching my eyeball off when I applied it. I didn't think I would like pink as eye liner. But after I applied it, I htought it looked really pretty. I also lined my lips with it. It's suppose to be a healthy eye liner infused with vitamins and anti-oxidants. It also has a built in sharpener. How handy is that! The liner comes in 30 different colors. www.pencilmeincosmetics.com



5.Model Co Colorbox Lip Pencil in Pomegranate (retail price $18.00)
I've gotten ModelCo brand lip gloss before and have been really impressed with the product. This lip pencil was a very pretty color. It's one that I would use everyday. It went on really well and also had a built in sharpener. I liked it a lot but I would probably not spend $18 on a lip pencil.



Overall, I just haven't been that impressed with the Beauty Box Five. I had been thinking about canceling my subscription, but then last month I got a great make up brush that I liked so I kept it. This month I'm back thinking about canceling it. So maybe I will give them one more chance and then decide...
www.beautybox5.com

No comments:

Post a Comment