Monday, November 19, 2012

Ramen Noodle Upgrade-Gangnam Style


I love ramen noodles! So when I saw this recipe to upgrade my noodles, I couldn't resist trying it. Who doesn't want an upgrade?

Surprisingly, the recipe is from Ms. Martha Stewart.  I didn't know she allowed ramen noodles in her kitchen?  I guess prison can teach a girl a few things!

The thing that was great about this recipe was that I had everything in my cupboard to make it. I never have everything that I need in my cupboard. I guess I was destined to have a ramen noodle upgrade. Lucky me!

Here's how you make them...

Gangnam Style Ramen Noodles 
                               (I named them myself, makes them sound so cool, don't ya think?)


Ingredients

  • 1 package Ramen noodles
  • 1 pack chicken flavoring 
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
  • 2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce  
  • chow mein noodles to garnish  

Directions

  Add boiled water to noodles, let sit for 3 minutes. Drain off most liquid. Add the flavor packet and mix. Toss with soy sauce, peanut butter, and Sriracha. Garnish with chow mein noodles. Eat immediately.

   Side note... This makes 1 serving.  I added snow pea crisps for more crunch. If you don't like spicy food use less or none of the Sriracha chili sauce. I happen to love spicy food so it was perfect for me, but it was hot. Hey Spicy Ladies!!!

This ramen dish is so delicious and very filling. I recommend it to everyone! The fun thing about it is that you can pretty much add anything you want to it. You could add cooked chicken, peanuts, or cashews...just to name a few. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

***UPDATE-We had this for dinner tonight, I bought a head of lettuce and chicken. We turned them into lettuce wraps. THEY WERE SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment