Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November Beauty Box Five


Yesterday, I received my November Beauty Box Five.  This is a beauty product monthly subscription that I have signed up for.  It costs $12 a month and that includes shipping. Each month I receive a little Tiffany blue colored box filled with surprises.  I couldn't completely review it yesterday because I had to try a few of the products during my nighttime bed routine. Are you ready to find out what was in it?

No! that's not an eye boogie (its the messy eyeshadow)

 lovely, right?
1. Swagger Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Swagger (retail price $9.50)
This eyeshadow is a very pretty sparkly emerald color. It is a loose powdered eyeshadow. I was excited to try it. And then I applied it, what a disaster! I had to apply a ton of layers in order to see the color. A few specks fell onto my cheeks while I was applying it and when I wiped them away they just left streaks of color on my skin. Which wouldn't come off and looked terrible. So if you want streaks of color on yours cheeks and no color on your eye lids, then this is the eyeshadow for you!

2.Envie De Nuef Eye Mask (retail price $30-10 Sachets)
This eye mask claimed to remove lines/wrinkles, so obviously I was skeptical. It had to sit under your eyes for 15 minutes, so I used it while I took a bath. I could feel it tingle slightly. The mask was pretty big, it went under my eyes and down to my lips. I don't really have wrinkles on my cheeks so next time I might cut off a little bit of it and put it above my nose where I have a gigantic wrinkle! (always wear your sunglasses) After I took the mask off and the serum dried, I noticed that my skin was very tight where the mask had been and the wrinkles were not there! I expected to see them come back this morning, and they are still gone. I assume they will be back in a few days because the directions say to use the mask once or twice a week. I think this is a great product and the 10 pack would last about 2 months. Its a pretty good value.

3. Global Goddess Coconut Hair Treatment (retail price $20.99)
They sent 2 samples of this hair treatment. This product can be used many different ways. It can be used as a body oil, overnight hair treatment, or a 30 minute hair mask; which is the way I used it. After its sits for 30 minutes you shampoo and condition as normal. Because I take my baths at night I let my hair air dry. I didn't use any other products on my hair like I normally do. When I woke up my hair was very soft and shiny.

4. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (retail price $8.99)
I've used this lotion before. Who hasn't used this lotion before? I like the cream better than the lightweight lotion, but on the bright side they included a $1.00 off coupon for any Cetaphil product.


5.Model Co Lip Shine in Tease (retail price $16.00)
This lip gloss is the same brand as the mascara that I got in the Birchbox this month. It has the cute little mirror attached to the tube. It went on creamy and smooth. The color was gorgeous, great for an everyday lip color. This is one of my new favorite lip glosses!
 My overall opinion this month is fairly satisfied! This is the 2nd month that I have been receiving this subscription and this month's box was better than last month's box. I still like the IPSY glam bag the best.

www.beautybox5.com

No comments:

Post a Comment